The Best Places for Apres-Ski
Collected by AFAR Traveler , AFAR Contributor
Where to warm up off the slopes.
Teton Village, WY 83025, USA
The Marmot Chairlift is a new addition to the mountain which carry skiers from South Pass Traverse, below the existing Thunder Lift, to the top of the Bridger Gondola. Having drinks here wasn't really "après" though, we had to ski down.
Eichenheim 10, 6370 Kitzbühel, Austria
You know that feeling you get when you first arrive at a faraway destination and the sheer beauty makes you suck in your breath. Kitzbühel, Austria is like that. On the edge of town, the 82-room Grand Tirolia Kitzbühel Golf & Ski Resort sits atop...
7700 Stein Way, Park City, UT 84060, USA
This chalet-style lodge takes its name from legendary Norwegian skier Stein Eriksen, the 1952 Olympic giant slalom gold medalist and 1954 World Cup champion. When he agreed to help develop this ski-in, ski-out spot in the 1980s, he drew from his...
73 Wood Rd, Snowmass Village, CO 81615, USA
Located slope side, the Base Camp Bar and Grill has the best outdoor patio in Snowmass. Angled just right you can soak up the sun for hours during the day and well into après-ski. It is great for families because the kids can run around and play...
1948 Fionnay, Switzerland
Verbier is known for it’s amazing après ski scene, great powder, and pricey accommodations. To save some money, stay just outside of town in the neighboring village of Lourtier, where husband and wife Patricia and Jean-Marc Pellissier run the...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum