The Best Outdoor Activities in San Diego
Collected by Abbie Kozolchyk , AFAR Local Expert
Balboa Park, San Diego, CA, USA
A 1,200-acre green space filled with museums, theaters, and gardens, Balboa Park is the center of art and culture in San Diego. It’s also one of the city’s most historic sites, built for the Panama–California exhibition in 1915. While the museums...
2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
At the world-famous San Diego Zoo, you’ll essentially take a journey around the world as you explore 100 acres of habitats that resemble everything from the Australian Outback to the South African coastline. In fact, this institution cares so much...
One Legoland Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Perhaps you have a kid who’d traverse the globe for Ninjago World. Or maybe your child could spend a whole weekend creating his or her own Lego kingdom. Either way, a family trip to Legoland California is fun for all. With the water cannons...
- 1 Longreads Finders, Keepers
- 2 Tips + News Italy Signals It Will Reopen to Foreign Travelers in Mid-May
- 3 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 4 Tips + News These Countries Are Open to Vaccinated Travelers
- 5 Tips + News Need a New U.S. Passport? The Wait Time Is up to 3 Months Right Now