The Best of Winter in Singapore
Collected by Arwen Joyce, AFAR Local Expert
Tropical Christmas and Chinese New Year are special times for holiday cheer on the island. Garlands, lights, festivals, and food usher in a multi-ethnic holiday season.
181 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore 427452
If you're doing some soul searching in Singapore, come to Katong, an East Coast community full of character and characters. Easties grow up here and never leave (those who do spend the rest of their lives pining for the laid-back,...
30 Victoria St, Singapore 187996
Chijmes is a pretty complex in downtown Singapore that used to be a Catholic convent but has been converted into a dining and entertainment complex. In December, the entrance gates to the area are festooned with lights, ribbons, and stars. There...
Robertson Quay, Singapore
Robertson Quay is a section of the Singapore River that is perfect for a morning or evening jog. You can crisscross the river via several bridges—some colorful, some striking in style, all different. If you're more interested in a leisurely stroll...
151 New Bridge Road 91 Upper Cross Street Singapore 059443/058362 New Bridge Rd, Singapore 059443
Whether on a rooftop, by the water, or in a local hawker center, dining outdoors is one of the perks of a city with balmy temperatures year-round. Check out Privé on Keppel Island and snag a table on its large outdoor patio, near a marina of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map