The Best of Osaka
Osaka Castle was originally built by Toyotomi Hideyoshi, with construction begun in 1583. The plan to make it the fanciest castle in the country went so far as to cover the tower with gold leaf, but it wasn’t merely pretty: The castle held...
Just outside Osaka is this open-air display of farmhouse types from around the country. The woodwork on these houses is incredible, and it’s fascinating to see how people adjusted to Japan’s widely varied climate: Everybody was ready...
Shinsaibashi is sort of the heartbeat of Osaka: the intersection of two enormous streets busy with shops and restaurants, with a canal running through for extra scenic pleasure. This neighborhood has no interest in charming tourists, so it’s...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December