The Best of DC in the Summer
Collected by Christian Mirasol , AFAR Local Expert
Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Commonly referred to as the Iwo Jima Memorial, the world's tallest standing bronze statue honors the Marines who have defended the United States since November 10, 1775 with every major battle campaign inscribed at its base. The 32-foot-high...
21 Dupont Cir NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Spending a weekend in Washington, DC? Head over to the Dupont Circle Farmer's Market and see where local DC Foodies buy their fresh veggies. Then head over to Kramer Books for a delicious brunch (they have a great eggs benedict selection).
Fort Myer, Arlington, VA 22211, USA
Every Wednesday evening from May through August, head to Fort Myer to see the U.S. Army's Twilight Tattoo pageant. Participating soldiers hail from the 3rd Infantry Regiment (the Old Guard) and the U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own." The Army's...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Meteor Shower of the Year, the Perseids, Peaks Soon
- 4 Cities We Love The Best Cities in the United States in 2020
- 5 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?