The Beaches of the Bahamas
Collected by Katherine Kneier, AFAR Staff
Salt Cay, The Bahamas
When I'm traveling I hate gimmicks and touristy stuff. I usually skip the guided tours and shun the offers to be toured around to the best spots for the day. I like to explore on my own. When I found myself in the Bahamas for a company trip it was...
Green Turtle Cay, The Bahamas
An Abaco out-island in the Bahamas, Green Turtle Cay is a magical place. New Plymouth is the main village on the island and is home to some 400 - 500 inhabitants -most of whom can trace their roots to the Loyalists from the Revolutionary War who...
2 Charlotte St, Nassau, The Bahamas
A local fisherman prepares a fresh dish of conch salad just caught outside a marina in Nassau, Bahamas. Every couple of minutes he would toss unwanted morsels skyward to the delight of a waiting swarm of seagulls. The conch shells as well as the...
West End, The Bahamas
Gorgeous exclusive-use villa on Grand Bahama's West End. It was great crashing here for a few days while exploring the island's overlooked national parks and pristine beaches. The local delicacies - conch fritters!! - prepared by the chefs were...
When “Bahama John” Monroe opened this laid-back spot on Pelican Point beach, his tamarind-sauce barbecue ribs earned instant acclaim. The fried lobster bites are equally delicious. John’s signature Shaky Leg rum cocktail is guaranteed to get...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now