The Art Lover's Guide to Los Angeles
Collected by Afar Magazine
Our top picks for where to go, where to stay, and where to eat on a contemporary art tour of LA.
649 S Anderson St, Los Angeles, CA 90023, USA
Located on the east bank of the LA River in a building that once housed an illegal marijuana nursery, the name “MaRS” stands for “museum as retail space.” The gallery plays with the intersection of consumerism and art. You even have to walk...
155 N Crescent Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, USA
The AKA Beverly Hills has a private entrance to Wolfgang Puck’s iconic restaurant Spago. Let that sink in. AKA guests—residents, actually, because the sleek, apartment-style suites are meant to be lived in for at least a...
929 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90015, USA
Somewhere between a hip designer’s loft and a rock star’s party pad, the Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles is unlike anywhere else and the logical progression in the boutique hotel brand’s expansion. It’s also exactly what...
720 N Virgil Ave #4, Los Angeles, CA 90029, USA
Since opening as a preserves shop in 2011 (and adding breakfast and lunch service in 2012), Sqirl has become an East Hollywood staple. The tiny space—only 800 square feet—invites crowds of hip Angelenos looking for a bright space for...
1202 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291, USA
Kreation’s menu is as colorful as the rainbow of juices in their coolers and those on display are only half of what’s available. There are over 50 juice options including the bottled cold pressed juice, custom frothy juices, fresh smoothies,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall