The AFAR Guide to Jamaica
Collected by Bryan Kitch , AFAR Contributor
Lighthouse Road, West End, Negril ., Jamaica
Next door to the historic Negril lighthouse and not far from the crowded cliffs of Rick's Cafe, is a more intimate option for both cliff jumping and all-inclusive resort called The Caves. Fit with an outdoor bar, a restaurant built into the caves...
In March of 2012 we stayed at Zion Country Eco Beach Cabins in Portland Parish Jamaica, in part due to their commitment to sustainable tourism. The proprietor Free-I is a respected member of the community and is able to connect guests with local...
Black River, Jamaica
In Jamaica, my husband Mike, my friend Stephanie, and I hired a small boat to take us up the Black River, a long river made dark from the tannins of decaying leaves. Small crocodiles laid still and Zen-like along the river's banks. Waterlogged...
John Pringle Drive, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Friday night at Round Hill is Jamaica Night: a buffet of local delicacies plus local entertainment. On this night we were treated to amazingly talented dancing, with and without fire. Most of the time they moved too fast for my camera to catch,...
Fairy Hill, Jamaica
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019