The 5 Things You Must Do on Your Next Trip to New Orleans
Collected by Geraldine Campbell, AFAR Local Expert
945 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Plan on spending the better part of a day at the National World War II Museum, even if you profess limited interest in history. This fine, sprawling museum—formerly the D-Day Museum—is affiliated with the Smithsonian Institution, and...
1800 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
I was a bit skeptical about Square Root, Philip Lopez' Magazine Street spot, which has just 16 seats and serves a multi-course tasting menu as its only option. To me, eating in New Orleans is about muffalettas and po' boys, grits and grillades....
538 Hagan Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
When it comes to po' boys, everyone has his/her favorite spot. Mine has always been Domilise's--until I went to Parkway Bakery & Tavern on my way back from City Park. Like Domilise's, it's off the beaten path, but well worth it. I ordered the...
City Park, New Orleans, LA, USA
New Orleans' green spaces run the gamut from City Park, which spans 1,300 acres and is the 6th largest urban park in the United States, to the city block-sized Jackson Square, a French Quarter gathering point for artists, musicians, and street...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys