Collected by AFAR Explorer
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Crowds may swarm upon it daily from sunrise onwards, but exposure hasn’t dulled the impact of the largest religious monument in the world. Commissioned by King Suryavarman II in the 12th century as the centerpiece of the mighty Khmer empire,...
I hadn’t been awake for longer than a minute. I peeled back the tarp door to my room, walked out onto my deck, and leapt. It was an abrupt but purifying way to start the day. The cool, brackish water instantly defogged my mind, and my eyes opened...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys