Collected by Jane
Navidad, O'Higgins Region, Chile
During my stay at the new Hotel Surazo, I fell asleep to the sound of the Pacific surf pounding the sand. Located in Matanzas, a village on the sparsely populated, mountainous central Chilean coast, this low-slung, modern surf lodge is about 50...
90/3 Sridonchai Rd, T.Changklan, A. Muang,, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
If you know me at all you know that I'm not much of a backpacker. Don't get me wrong - I love hiking, camping, trekking, and the outdoors more than most people. What I don't dig is sitting around ramshackle guesthouses with 20-something tourists...
Khlong Toei, Bangkok, จังหวัด กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand
The old Chinese market, its shop houses painted in bright colors, is one of Bangkok’s most beautiful and fun. As you wander, let your eyes search for crowded noodle stalls, try the famous sweets, or browse stands selling fresh vegetables and...
Samran Rat, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand
In an obscure corner of Bangkok, alms bowls are still made by hand for Buddhist monks. Ban Bat, or Monk’s Bowl Village, is believed to be the last community in Thailand where craftsmen still make alms bowls by hand. Travelers can visit the...
Ko Kret, Pak Kret District, Nonthaburi 11120, Thailand
Koh Kret is a small island just outside of Bangkok located in the Chao Phraya River. A taxi (about an hour from Silom) will take you to the boat where it is literally a 2 minute boat ride across the river. Koh Kret is a community of Mon people and...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 4National ParksYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years
- 5TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric