Collected by Emily Brooke Sandor
Ton Pao, San Kamphaeng District, Chiang Mai 50130, Thailand
Chiang Mai: a city filled with creativity, craftsmanship and curry. A visit to Chiang Mai isn’t complete without getting your fill of all three. A hankering for curry is an easy fix; you can easily satiate your hunger for gigantic, fiery bowls at...
Su Thep, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Thai massage is also known as passive yoga and can be very good when done by a skilled practitioner and it is absurdly cheap by western standards. In Thailand, the blind are thought to be the best at giving nuat thai, and in Chiang Mai there are...
Nong Han, San Sai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
One of my favorite festivals in the world is the Loi Krathong / Yi Peng ‘festival of light’ in Thailand. Both occur at the same time and although differing slightly, both represent the cleansing of sins. Yi Peng takes place mainly in Chiang Mai in...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now