Collected by Elise Schroeder
Nong Han, San Sai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
One of my favorite festivals in the world is the Loi Krathong / Yi Peng ‘festival of light’ in Thailand. Both occur at the same time and although differing slightly, both represent the cleansing of sins. Yi Peng takes place mainly in Chiang Mai in...
Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
I’m an early riser and I like to go to Talaat Meuang Mai at around 7 a.m. to see one of the most interesting and active wet markets in Thailand. You’ll find food vendors selling produce, meat, fish, poultry, and groceries. Look out for a stall...
Chang Moi, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
I've been to Thailand half a dozen times over the last four years, but until November I had never visited during the Lantern Festival. To be honest, I didn't expect it to be quite as amazing as it actually was - Chiang Mai was transformed for a...
209/2 Sridom Chai Road, ตำบล กื้ดช้าง อำเภอ แม่แตง เชียงใหม่ 50100, Thailand
Learn about the history of elephants in Thailand, feed the elephants by hand, learn commands for controlling an elephant, ride bareback through the countryside, and finally spend some time in a small pond bathing your elephant. Baan Chang Elephant...
Phra Sing, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
I was wandering down a street during Loi Krathong. I had been following a parade, but as I do, I got distracted and entirely lost. As loosing myself so often does it all panned out, as I found myself beside a beautiful Wat. Inside there where...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna