Collected by Amelia Smallcomb
Samran Rat, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand
Gilded Royal barges, monitor lizards, and riverside communities—all can be seen in Bangkok along the city’s endless canals. The best areas to visit are on the opposite side of the Chao Phraya River in Thonburi—an area still criss-crossed by...
Thanon Phaya Thai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
When I lived in Bangkok, I chose my apartment due to one important factor: it was close to a restaurant my friends affectionately dubbed "Pumpkin Lady" because of the stuffed pumpkin desserts. The dining experience is hyper-local; food is served...
661 Tri Mit Rd, Khwaeng Talat Noi, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand
Wat Traimit Wittayarama, the Royal Temple in Bangkok, houses the Golden Buddha—the world's largest gold seated Buddha. At the top, a series of bells can be rung for good luck. These bells surround a giant metal kettle where you can throw...
3 Chongwenmen Outer St, ChongWenMen, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China
One of my favorite moments in Beijing was sitting around the cozy circular bar at Noodle Bar for front-row action of the chef pulling our noodles by hand. The menu is simple and straightforward: all noodle soup with your choice of brisket, tendon...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico