Collected by Terri Queen
Buena Vista, CO 81211, USA
St. Elmo was once a gold and silver mining town founded in 1880. It’s now one of Colorado's most preserved ghost towns. Chipmunks out number the residents and there are also a lot of hummingbirds. St. Elmo is about two and a half hours from Vail,...
CA-270, Bridgeport, CA 93517, USA
I felt like a voyeur; peering through the old glass I could see a broken chair, layers of peeling wallpaper, a torn floorboard, a washing basin, and a child's coat hung on a nail in the wall. It was early spring, and the chilly desert wind flung...
13 Francis St, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA
Considering Annapolis was established in the 17th century, you can pretty much bet that it's a city steeped in history, with tales of ghosts and troubled spirits. Annapolis Tours and Crawls has been leading travelers through the city's back alleys...
Jerome, AZ 86331, USA
Jerome commands big-sky views from its mile-high perch on Cleopatra Hill: look out over red rock mesas and volcanic peaks while standing above a network of 88 miles of mine shafts descending over 4,000 ft. Founded in 1876, Jerome's population fell...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now