Collected by Dalya Washington
8 Mile Rd, Galveston, TX 77554, USA
For a less crowded piece of the Galveston coast, go to a quiet stretch of coast favored by the locals during high season at the end of 8 Mile Road. To get there, take Seawall Blvd west until the seawall ends and it turns into Termini San Luis Pass...
1 Hope Blvd, Galveston, TX 77554, USA
The Moody Gardens resort has two indoor "pyramids" that make a great escape on a rainy day in Galveston. One simulates a rainforest environment and the other is filled with aquatic creatures. You can also spend the night at the Moody Gardens Hotel...
3828 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
This classic Galveston seafood restaurant has been open since 1911! Gaido's serves fresh Gulf seafood in a traditional atmosphere. Menu highlights include the bisque, snapper, and pecan pie. Photo via Gaido's Seafood Restaurant Facebook page
1500 McKinney St, Houston, TX 77010, USA
Since opening to the public in April 2008, this 12-acre park has quickly become the heartbeat of downtown. Here you’ll find a playground, a man-made lake, a dog park, and the Grace Event Lawn, which frequently hosts events like yoga classes,...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter