Collected by Nancy Eggert
900 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
"Franklin Barbecue in Austin may be the most popular barbecue joint in the world," says Daniel Vaughn, the barbecue editor for Texas Monthly. "It actually made the local news when the line was short due to crazy cold temperatures. They make my...
206 W 2nd St, Taylor, TX 76574, USA
"This would be where I eat my last BBQ meal," says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. "It's a beautiful old building without heat or A/C, and they're known for giant peppery beef ribs. It's like going to meat mass at a barbecue...
516 Main St, Lexington, TX 78947, USA
At this small-town barbecue joint in Lexington, Texas, 78-year-old pit master Tootsie Tomanetz turns out spectacular ribs, chicken, and, of course, brisket, says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. Get there early—Snow's is only open...
1010 S Pearl Expy, Dallas, TX 75201, USA
The lines are long (expect to wait at least an hour) at this young barbecue joint tucked inside the Dallas Farmers' Market—but the tender, perfectly smoked meats are worth the wait says Daniel Vaugh, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. "They have...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna