Collected by Nancy Eggert
900 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
"Franklin Barbecue in Austin may be the most popular barbecue joint in the world," says Daniel Vaughn, the barbecue editor for Texas Monthly. "It actually made the local news when the line was short due to crazy cold temperatures. They make my...
206 W 2nd St, Taylor, TX 76574, USA
"This would be where I eat my last BBQ meal," says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. "It's a beautiful old building without heat or A/C, and they're known for giant peppery beef ribs. It's like going to meat mass at a barbecue...
516 Main St, Lexington, TX 78947, USA
At this small-town barbecue joint in Lexington, Texas, 78-year-old pit master Tootsie Tomanetz turns out spectacular ribs, chicken, and, of course, brisket, says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. Get there early—Snow's is only open...
1010 S Pearl Expy, Dallas, TX 75201, USA
The lines are long (expect to wait at least an hour) at this young barbecue joint tucked inside the Dallas Farmers' Market—but the tender, perfectly smoked meats are worth the wait says Daniel Vaugh, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. "They have...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun