Collected by Michelle M. Winner , AFAR Local Expert
Bigger badder better. . . It's Texas!
4620 N 10th St, McAllen, TX 78504, USA
Pepper’s at Uptown in McAllen Texas was quite a surprise. Located in a shopping center along the main drag I really didn’t know what to expect with a sort of sports bar, casual vibe. Chef/General manager Richard Sauceda has the culinary drive in...
7701 Interstate 40 Access Rd, Amarillo, TX 79118, USA
The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo Texas is just way too much fun. Live music, a labyrinth maze out back, locally made beer that is very good, flash fried jalapenos, and delicious aged steaks, what else could a guy want ? And if you dare, you...
217 Mary Ave, Waco, TX 76701, USA
Going to a steak house in Texas can be meh, satisfactory or great. My experience dining at Diamondback's was outstanding, great steaks, a killer lobster bisque and a beautiful atmosphere. The servers were right on the money, and the portions where...
4341 Canyon Dr, Amarillo, TX 79110, USA
When pulling that travel trailer through Amarillo, be sure to visit the Jack Sisemore RV museum. This is the perfect stop for all of you hard core road trippers. Free and open to the public, this collection of Rv's goes back to the 1930's and the...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign