Collected by Michelle M. Winner, AFAR Local Expert
Bigger badder better. . . It's Texas!
4620 N 10th St, McAllen, TX 78504, USA
Pepper’s at Uptown in McAllen Texas was quite a surprise. Located in a shopping center along the main drag I really didn’t know what to expect with a sort of sports bar, casual vibe. Chef/General manager Richard Sauceda has the culinary drive in...
7701 Interstate 40 Access Rd, Amarillo, TX 79118, USA
The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo Texas is just way too much fun. Live music, a labyrinth maze out back, locally made beer that is very good, flash fried jalapenos, and delicious aged steaks, what else could a guy want ? And if you dare, you...
217 Mary Ave, Waco, TX 76701, USA
Going to a steak house in Texas can be meh, satisfactory or great. My experience dining at Diamondback's was outstanding, great steaks, a killer lobster bisque and a beautiful atmosphere. The servers were right on the money, and the portions where...
4341 Canyon E-Way, Amarillo, TX 79110, USA
When pulling that travel trailer through Amarillo, be sure to visit the Jack Sisemore RV museum. This is the perfect stop for all of you hard core road trippers. Free and open to the public, this collection of Rv's goes back to the 1930's and the...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Travel NewsMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania