Collected by Kathy Van Arsdale
2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, USA
Those who have never visited Dollywood may be surprised that Dolly Parton’s namesake attraction is anything but a dusty tourist trap up in the hills—it’s a world-class amusement park with top-notch thrill rides for all ages. From...
2912 Cosby Hwy, Cosby, TN 37722, USA
One of many "WTF" moments I had while down South. The locals sent us here. Described on their menu as a "Mexican American/Bluegrass" restaurant, the Front Door served some of the best food I've had and featured a ridiculously awesome 4-man string...
2819 Andersonville Hwy, Clinton, TN 37716, USA
I'd gone purely for the music. Each autumn the Museum of Appalachia hopes the three-day Tennessee Fall Homecoming, a festival that showcases bluegrass and old-time - and mountain crafts. After tasting a little donkey-milled sorghum (sweet, odd...
10042 Campground Dr, Townsend, TN 37882, USA
If you turn onto the road to Cades Cove in Great Smoky Mountain National Park, be fore-warned that it is eleven miles one way. This is America's most visited National Park so crawling along here in the summer heat may not be in your travel...
A new adventure. An 1800 mile trip from Phoenix to Knoxville, the Smokies were calling us. Living and breathing for camping, hiking, and exploring, we finally made it to the gateway of the Smoky Mountains. A little drive through the backroads...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles