Tastes of Hong Kong
Collected by Heidi Sarna, AFAR Local Expert
28/F, 1 Peking Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
For high-end Chinese dining with out-of-this-world views, Hutong can dazzle the palate and the eyes. Enter the restaurant through a traditional lunar gate, as though entering a secret culinary society, into an artfully designed, softly lit space...
Ground Floor, The K.s.lo Gallery, Hong Kong Park, Admiralty, Hong Kong
LockCha offers traditional tea service and vegetarian dim sum in a stunning colonial-era building with elegant furnishings, carved wooden panels, and framed calligraphy on the walls. When it first opened in 1991, it was a simple tea shop, but...
No.88 Lockhart Rd, 88 Lockhart Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Cheap, delicious Thai food coming right up. This brightly lit, nondescript joint with no-nonsense service is packed with eager foodies and has been for more than two decades. Loyalists come for dishes like the tongue-burning Thai beef...
Level 3 Shanghai Tang Mansion, 1 Duddell St, Central, Hong Kong
Two Michelin stars give this restaurant culinary clout, and the elegant, magazine-worthy decor add style on top. With eye-catching art on the walls and talks, screenings, and exhibits of international contemporary art held...
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 4-4A Des Voeux Rd Central, Central, Hong Kong
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles