Tastes of Hong Kong
Collected by Heidi Sarna, AFAR Local Expert
28/F, 1 Peking Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
For high-end Chinese dining with out-of-this-world views, Hutong can dazzle the palate and the eyes. Enter the restaurant through a traditional lunar gate, as though entering a secret culinary society, into an artfully designed, softly lit space...
Hong Kong, 中環羅桂祥茶藝館香港公園地下層
LockCha offers traditional tea service and vegetarian dim sum in a stunning colonial-era building with elegant furnishings, carved wooden panels, and framed calligraphy on the walls. When it first opened in 1991, it was a simple tea shop, but...
No.88 Lockhart Rd, 88 Lockhart Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Cheap, delicious Thai food coming right up. This brightly lit, nondescript joint with no-nonsense service is packed with eager foodies and has been for more than two decades. Loyalists come for dishes like the tongue-burning Thai beef...
Level 3 Shanghai Tang Mansion, 1 Duddell St, Central, Hong Kong
Two Michelin stars give this restaurant culinary clout, and the elegant, magazine-worthy decor add style on top. With eye-catching art on the walls and talks, screenings, and exhibits of international contemporary art held...
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 4-4A Des Voeux Rd Central, Central, Hong Kong
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter