Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
Agiou Dionisiou 66, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
Offering views of the turquoise harbor, this welcoming restaurant serves everything from pizza to grilled octopus. Highlights include local rabbit, fried calamari, lamb with lemon sauce and chicken stifado (stew). Ammos has a reputation for...
In Zákinthos Town, stop by for lunch at this gracious restaurant overlooking the beach. (Look for the sign that says “Giorgis Family Taverna.") Settle into a colorfully painted wooden chair under the shade trees and umbrellas and explore the vast...
Tavoulari 66, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
Cool down with a creamy gelato at this welcoming spot, where the many flavors include pistachio, lemon, mango, strawberry, hazelnut and chocolate cappuccino. Owners Piero and Giulia also serve two treats that are particularly Greek: kataifi, a...
Louka Karer, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
This friendly, family-run restaurant serves excellent omelettes in the morning and also offers continental and British fry-up breakfast options. Later in the day, seafood fans can select fish from the refrigerated display. Others may choose...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country