Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
Agiou Dionisiou 66, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
Offering views of the turquoise harbor, this welcoming restaurant serves everything from pizza to grilled octopus. Highlights include local rabbit, fried calamari, lamb with lemon sauce and chicken stifado (stew). Ammos has a reputation for...
In Zákinthos Town, stop by for lunch at this gracious restaurant overlooking the beach. (Look for the sign that says “Giorgis Family Taverna.") Settle into a colorfully painted wooden chair under the shade trees and umbrellas and explore the vast...
Tavoulari 66, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
Cool down with a creamy gelato at this welcoming spot, where the many flavors include pistachio, lemon, mango, strawberry, hazelnut and chocolate cappuccino. Owners Piero and Giulia also serve two treats that are particularly Greek: kataifi, a...
Louka Karer, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
This friendly, family-run restaurant serves excellent omelettes in the morning and also offers continental and British fry-up breakfast options. Later in the day, seafood fans can select fish from the refrigerated display. Others may choose...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Trending News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 5 Air Travel This Airport Just Became the World’s First to Get a Five-Star COVID-19 Rating