Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
Agiou Dionisiou 66, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
Offering views of the turquoise harbor, this welcoming restaurant serves everything from pizza to grilled octopus. Highlights include local rabbit, fried calamari, lamb with lemon sauce and chicken stifado (stew). Ammos has a reputation for...
In Zákinthos Town, stop by for lunch at this gracious restaurant overlooking the beach. (Look for the sign that says “Giorgis Family Taverna.") Settle into a colorfully painted wooden chair under the shade trees and umbrellas and explore the vast...
Tavoulari 66, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
Cool down with a creamy gelato at this welcoming spot, where the many flavors include pistachio, lemon, mango, strawberry, hazelnut and chocolate cappuccino. Owners Piero and Giulia also serve two treats that are particularly Greek: kataifi, a...
Louka Karer, Zakinthos 291 00, Greece
This friendly, family-run restaurant serves excellent omelettes in the morning and also offers continental and British fry-up breakfast options. Later in the day, seafood fans can select fish from the refrigerated display. Others may choose...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now