Taste of Wellington
Collected by Meg Nesterov, AFAR Local Expert
Queens Wharf, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand
With a prime location on Wellington's waterfront and a comfortable and elegant interior, Shed 5 doesn't need to have good food to succeed—but it does. An in-house fishmonger ensures that fresh seafood is always on the menu, and you can't go wrong...
199 Cuba St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Wellington's food scene excels at using local and seasonal ingredients, and this traditional Venetian menu with a Kiwi twist is no exception. This is not your typical red sauce Italian food: Think lamb cacciatore, gnocchi with kumara (a sweet...
192 Cuba St, Te Aro, Wellington 6141, New Zealand
Consistently voted one of Wellington's top fine dining spots, Logan Brown celebrates contemporary New Zealand cuisine and friendly service. Thought and passion drive every part of the restaurant, from the seasonal ingredients to the environmental...
119 Dixon St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Coffee is serious business in Wellington, and Flight elevates it to an art form with expert baristas brewing an impressive list of single-origin, house blends, espresso and cold brew drinks—there's even a flight of coffees to taste samples. The...
Lvl1, 7A Lyall Parade, Lyall Bay, Wellington 6022, New Zealand
On weekends, hungry Wellington residents crowd into the Maranui Café hoping for a table, spilling down the stairs and onto the beach. A short drive from downtown and overlooking Lyall Bay, Maranui serves hearty Kiwi favorites like baked beans and...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now