Taste of Tromsø
Collected by David Nikel , AFAR Local Expert
Strandgata 14, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Although famed for its lively nightlife and rock concerts, the distinctive pale blue building housing Blårock Café is worth visiting during the day, when you can sample the burger menu and an extensive range of beers. The influence of rock and...
Grønnegata 60, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
It's not the cheapest place to eat in Tromsø, but Mathallen Tromsø is definitely the right choice when it comes to variety. One-half of the establishment is turned over to a deli-style food hall (cured meats and local cheeses are highlights),...
Storgata 62, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
This café, named after the Norwegian title for the comic strip The Katzenjammer Kids, is the perfect spot for a quick bite while checking out the sights of Tromsø. The friendly Swedish owners make each tasty sandwich to order and serve coffees for...
Kirkegata 8, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Emmas, located opposite the cathedral in the center of town, is a popular two-in-one dining option with locals. Emmas Under is a good choice for lunch. Its menu features local treats such as herring, whale carpaccio and reindeer sausage. Upstairs,...
Storgata 4, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Tromsø’s oldest watering hole, operating since 1927, was for years part of the Mack Brewery. Production of Mack now takes place elsewhere, but the beer hall remains. A must-do for beer lovers, Ølhallen presents over 50 beers on tap, including all...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time