Taste of Trabzon
Collected by Leeann Murphy, AFAR Local Expert
İskenderpaşa Mahallesi, Belediye Caddesi., Atatürk Alanı No:6, 61100 Merkez/Ortahisar/Trabzon, Turkey
Like many cities in Turkey, Trabzon has its own specialty dishes. At Cemil Usta you can try many of these—hamsı (anchovies), kuymak (cheese fondue), Akçaabat köfte (spicy lamb meatballs)—in a casual family-dining setting near Atatürk Alanı (the...
İskenderpaşa Mahallesi, Cami Sok. No:19, 61100 Merkez/Ortahisar/Trabzon, Turkey
There are 291 different types of köfte (meatball) in Turkey. One of the most popular is Akçaabat köfte (spicy lamb meatballs), originating from Akçaabat in the Trabzon province. To try them, head to the locally recommended İskenderpaşa Köfte...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December