Taste Of Tobago
Collected by Patrick Bennett , AFAR Ambassador
Pigeon Point Rd, Trinidad and Tobago
Buss-Up-Shut is a local dish of Trinidad & Tobago that you can find at any roti shop. This particular buss-up-shut was purchased at the Tobago Curry House located nearby on an unnamed street. Directions: Coming out of Pigeon Point Road you make a...
Tyson Hall, Trinidad and Tobago
Need a quick bite moments after landing on Tobago? You could do a lot worse than stopping at these guys selling doubles (a local Indian influenced, curry filled street food) from the back of their car at the intersection leading to Pigeon Point.
Golden Grove, Trinidad and Tobago
The great thing about life on a small island is that there are often singular locations for specific needs and this place is THE place for grabbing the freshest meat on Tobago. Run by a couple proper old ladies who spend the day in an old beach...
Speyside, Trinidad and Tobago
Nestled next to the tourist favorite Jemma's Treehouse Restaurant in the northern town of Speyside is a nondescript, orange, beachside spot with a short pitch on its only sign: OPEN 4 LUNCH For my money, this is the spot to hit in Speyside for...
Roxborough, Trinidad and Tobago
Made from Trinitario raised from seed, to tree, to pod, to bean all in the same estate, the sweets from the Tobago Cocoa Estate are unlike any you'll sample anywhere else in the world. Get shown around the grounds, learn the ins and outs of single...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May