Taste of Thessaloniki
Collected by Rachel Howard, AFAR Local Expert
Aristotelous 8, Thessaloniki 546 23, Greece
This classic ouzeri in a greenery-filled arcade is tucked away behind lively Aristotelous Square. Movers and shakers squeeze around marble-topped tables while genteel waiters ply them with a parade of little dishes—prawns saganaki (sautéed with...
Paleon Patron Germanou 17, Thessaloniki 546 22, Greece
As its name suggests, this stylish wine bar is a local institution. Open all day—and late into the night—it’s a prime people-watching spot. Knockout dishes such as Lemnos cheese with tomato jam, salmon carpaccio with sea fennel and beef cheeks...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun