Taste of Tauranga (Rotorua)
Collected by Erin Levi
Hobbiton Movie, Set, Matamata 3472, New Zealand
At the end of the tour at the Hobbiton Movie Set, the Green Dragon Inn—a reproduction of the local inn featured in the Lord of the Rings trilogy—serves Middle Earth fare (think savory pies) and drinks (think beer and ginger ale). Its own...
51 Dive Cres, Tauranga, 3110, New Zealand
Halo Restaurant—named for its chic circular lighting fixtures—is a wonderful choice whether you’re looking for relaxed wharfside dining or a romantic candlelit supper. Inside, floor-to-ceiling windows provide stunning water views. Its seasonal...
89 Old Taupo Rd, Mangakakahi, Rotorua 3015, New Zealand
You might not expect it from a hole-in-the-wall, no-frills bakery, but Gold Star has some of the best savory pies in New Zealand. (Proof is on the award-covered wall.) With beautiful flaky crusts and fillings ranging from vegetarian options to...
Rotorua, New Zealand
New Zealand’s native bush is the kitchen for Maori master chef Charles Royal. The exclusive culinary tours he leads around Rotorua and Taupo are perfect for adventurous foodies. There’s no mystery as to where your food comes from—it's all sourced...
10 Waitomo Caves Rd, Hangatiki 3977, New Zealand
Should you visit the glowworms at Waitomo Caves, be sure to stop at the nearby HUHU Café to enjoy a meal or drink on a balcony overlooking the village of Waitomo. HUHU is committed to using locally sourced, organic and fair-trade ingredients when...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local