Taste of Sydney, Cape Breton
Collected by Stacey Zable , AFAR Contributor
233 Esplanade, Sydney, NS B1P 1A6, Canada
This family-owned restaurant is located across from the Port of Sydney in the historic home of the city’s first mayor. In good weather, you can eat outdoors on two patios overlooking the harbor. Inside, there’s a fine-dining restaurant on the main...
16 Pitt St, Sydney, NS B1P 5X3, Canada
A good spot for reasonably priced comfort food, with three locations in Sydney, including one in the cruise pavilion and another on downtown’s Pitt Street. You can enjoy classic bistro food: soups and chowders, sandwiches and salads, or a number...
380 Esplanade, Sydney, NS B1P 6P4, Canada
This casual restaurant is tucked inside the Cambridge Suites Hotel right on the Sydney Harbour boardwalk. The open kitchen prepares three meals daily using locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. Seafood lovers can dine on crab cakes,...
424 Charlotte St, Sydney, NS B1P 1E1, Canada
Come here for typical pub food (burgers, wings, fish & chips) or the kind of pub food you’d find in Ireland, such as Guinness Irish stew. The Old Triangle’s Irish owners have re-created a traditional 17th-century public house, and the result is an...
8077 East Bay Highway, Big Pond Centre, NS B1J 1Z5, Canada
The beloved Cape Breton singer-songwriter Rita MacNeil grew up here in Big Pond and opened her tea room in 1986. Set in a former one-room schoolhouse built in 1939, it has become a popular stop for fresh-baked treats, tea, lunch and light dinners....
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico