Taste of Stockholm
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
Karl XII:s torg, 111 47 Stockholm, Sweden
Sure, you’ve had meatballs before—but Operabaren’s are among the best in town, served with puréed potato, lingonberries and pickled cucumber. Its stunning Jugendstil room, with a stained-glass ceiling and wood paneling, is one of the loveliest...
Stureplan 2, 114 35 Stockholm, Sweden
In a city that largely shuts down on Sundays, this foodie haven is open seven days a week, 365 days a year. Going strong since 1897, the secret to its success is simple: The food, with an emphasis on traditional dishes and seafood, is outstanding....
Eriksbergsgatan 6, 114 30 Stockholm, Sweden
The outstanding service, food and atmosphere make this one of the best cafés in the capital, especially rated for the quality of its cakes and the size of its cinnamon buns. Whether you want a hearty brunch or a quick coffee, there’s nowhere nicer...
46, Dalagatan, 113 24 Stockholm, Sweden
Locals love this place for the music: Monday is jazz night, while on Saturday an opera singer will likely perform an aria while you eat your half-lobster. Other reasons to come are the French-accented menu and the joy of dining in a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles