Taste of Stavanger
Collected by Lola (Akinmade) Åkerström , AFAR Local Expert
Stavanger Konserthus, Sandvigå 1, 4007 Stavanger, Norway
Helmed by award-winning chef Andreas Myhrvold, Spiseriet is a simple Nordic restaurant located inside Stavanger’s Concert Hall (Konserthus), open only for lunch. It serves traditional, unfussy fare made from seasonal, locally sourced ingredients...
Skagen 18, 4006 Stavanger, Norway
Set in one of Stavanger’s oldest and most iconic white wooden buildings, HansenHjørnet is a cozy café-restaurant known for club sandwiches and fish cakes served with chives, chili and mango ketchup. The property has been family-owned for more than...
Ryfylkegata 13, 4014 Stavanger, Norway
This classic food hall sells products sourced from regional farmers such as fresh vegetables, artisanal cheeses and sandwiches made with suckling pig. Take a tour of the stalls to taste samples or pick up an organic lunch. You can also buy...
Steinkargata 23, 4006 Stavanger, Norway
This tiny restaurant is an homage to traditional French taverns with wood panels, barrels, stone walls and food served on flat wooden trays or in copper pans. The menu changes daily with dishes such as skate with almond milk and mushrooms or pork...
Skagen 3, 4006 Stavanger, Norway
Tango is several establishments in one: a gastronomic restaurant that serves dishes that border on fine art; a cocktail club where you can enjoy a glass of wine or mixed drinks and, on the terrace, a casual bistro that features grilled meats and...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall