Taste of Stavanger
Collected by Lola (Akinmade) Åkerström , AFAR Local Expert
Stavanger Konserthus, Sandvigå 1, 4007 Stavanger, Norway
Helmed by award-winning chef Andreas Myhrvold, Spiseriet is a simple Nordic restaurant located inside Stavanger’s Concert Hall (Konserthus), open only for lunch. It serves traditional, unfussy fare made from seasonal, locally sourced ingredients...
Skagen 18, 4006 Stavanger, Norway
Set in one of Stavanger’s oldest and most iconic white wooden buildings, HansenHjørnet is a cozy café-restaurant known for club sandwiches and fish cakes served with chives, chili and mango ketchup. The property has been family-owned for more than...
Ryfylkegata 13, 4014 Stavanger, Norway
This classic food hall sells products sourced from regional farmers such as fresh vegetables, artisanal cheeses and sandwiches made with suckling pig. Take a tour of the stalls to taste samples or pick up an organic lunch. You can also buy...
Steinkargata 23, 4006 Stavanger, Norway
This tiny restaurant is an homage to traditional French taverns with wood panels, barrels, stone walls and food served on flat wooden trays or in copper pans. The menu changes daily with dishes such as skate with almond milk and mushrooms or pork...
Skagen 3, 4006 Stavanger, Norway
Tango is several establishments in one: a gastronomic restaurant that serves dishes that border on fine art; a cocktail club where you can enjoy a glass of wine or mixed drinks and, on the terrace, a casual bistro that features grilled meats and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Summer California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know