Taste Of Split
Collected by Anja Mutic, AFAR Local Expert
Ul. Petra Kružića 3, 21000, Split, Croatia
As the daughter of one of Croatia’s most legendary chefs, Ivana Gamulin was inspired to follow in her late father’s footsteps. Villa Spiza, a countertop eatery within the palace walls, is where Ivana and her sister stir up Dalmatian...
Dosud ul. 9, 21000, Split, Croatia
Officially named Zalogajnica Dioklecijan—but known only as Tri Volta to locals—this blue-collar hangout knocks out home-style lunches, moonshine grappa and the best sliced-to-order local prosciutto. The terrace is prime real estate, featuring...
Ul. bana Josipa Jelačića 3, 21000, Split, Croatia
This restaurant worthy of Michelin status serves contemporary Mediterranean cuisine accompanied by wines made with indigenous grape varieties. Housed in a quirky old building, the fine-dining restaurant features a rooftop terrace that resembles a...
Ul. Marka Marulića 2, 21000, Split, Croatia
As a tribute to the zinfandel grape, which originated in Croatia, this food and wine bar has a zin-centric wine list, but doesn’t ignore other regional favorites. Among 100 bottles, about 30 are available by the glass, so it’s a great...
Ul. Tomića stine 3, 21000, Split, Croatia
Avoid the many touristy Dalmatian konobas (taverns) and head instead to Konoba Matejuška, tucked into a tight alley in the quaint Varoš neighborhood just off Riva. This rustic family-run tavern offers seafood-focused fare, including a daily catch...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles