Taste of Skagway
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
648 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
Two guys from the South found their way to the far north and opened this small but hopping spot known for soothing comfort food like Frito pie, reindeer sausages and homemade muffins. The desserts are especially decadent, with options like caramel...
351 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
This food cart is the perfect sunny-day spot for a seafood fix. As the name implies, Wild Alaska Catch specializes in local, wild-caught seafood like salmon, rockfish, halibut and king crab. Fish & chips is the top seller, though you’ll also find...
655 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
This quaint bistro at the Skagway Inn uses locally sourced ingredients—both wild-caught seafood and Alaskan game meats—not to mention vegetables and herbs picked straight from the kitchen garden. Try the fresh catch of the day in a lemon beurre...
Broadway & 7th, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
Skagway’s local microbrewery has earned international recognition for its small yet immaculately crafted lineup of beers. For something uniquely Alaskan, try the Spruce Tip Ale, brewed with Sitka spruce tips to add a crisp, floral kick. The Blue...
205 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
The Red Onion Saloon, built in 1897, is arguably the most popular of all the historic buildings in Skagway, because you can still belly up to the bar for a shot or a beer here. While the downstairs is a working restaurant, the former bordello...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands