Taste of Skagway
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
648 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
Two guys from the South found their way to the far north and opened this small but hopping spot known for soothing comfort food like Frito pie, reindeer sausages and homemade muffins. The desserts are especially decadent, with options like caramel...
351 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
This food cart is the perfect sunny-day spot for a seafood fix. As the name implies, Wild Alaska Catch specializes in local, wild-caught seafood like salmon, rockfish, halibut and king crab. Fish & chips is the top seller, though you’ll also find...
655 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
This quaint bistro at the Skagway Inn uses locally sourced ingredients—both wild-caught seafood and Alaskan game meats—not to mention vegetables and herbs picked straight from the kitchen garden. Try the fresh catch of the day in a lemon beurre...
Broadway & 7th, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
Skagway’s local microbrewery has earned international recognition for its small yet immaculately crafted lineup of beers. For something uniquely Alaskan, try the Spruce Tip Ale, brewed with Sitka spruce tips to add a crisp, floral kick. The Blue...
205 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
For $5 the Red Onion Saloon offers historic tours of the upstairs brothel and a ghost tour exploring characters that still haunt the old bar. This image is the Madame's room and was the most luxurious while the prostitutes had to sleep in very...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May