Taste of Sitka
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
2 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Located in a historic cable house at the base of the O’Connell Bridge, the Larkspur Café is a fun, casual spot to grab coffee or a light lunch, with occasional live music to boot. Specials like locally harvested lox on Bavarian rye and salmon...
212 Katlian St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
If you want to belly up to the bar alongside Sitka’s fishermen, head to the Pioneer Bar (the P Bar to locals), right across from the harbor. You’ll find a veritable history lesson lining the walls in the form of fishing photos from years gone by,...
209 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Homeport Eatery has something for everybody. This gourmet food court boasts a beer garden, an organic-juice bar, a panini sandwich counter, a crepe bar and a coffee shop. And if you’ve got a full day planned, ask about box lunches for delicious,...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May