Taste of Sitka
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
2 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Located in a historic cable house at the base of the O’Connell Bridge, the Larkspur Café is a fun, casual spot to grab coffee or a light lunch, with occasional live music to boot. Specials like locally harvested lox on Bavarian rye and salmon...
256 Katlian St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
There’s something special about a steaming-hot bowl of creamy chowder with a hunk of crusty bread alongside. During the summer in Sitka, you can find exactly that when Ludvig’s Bistro sets up its chowder cart in the historic Mill Building across...
212 Katlian St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
If you want to belly up to the bar alongside Sitka’s fishermen, head to the Pioneer Bar (the P Bar to locals), right across from the harbor. You’ll find a veritable history lesson lining the walls in the form of fishing photos from years gone by,...
209 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Homeport Eatery has something for everybody. This gourmet food court boasts a beer garden, an organic-juice bar, a panini sandwich counter, a crepe bar and a coffee shop. And if you’ve got a full day planned, ask about box lunches for delicious,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles