Taste of Santorini
Collected by Gretchen Kelly, AFAR Local Expert
Agiou Mina, Thira 847 00, Greece
Housed in a former seaman's house in Fira, atop the cliffs overlooking the caldera, Archipelagos is consistently cited as one of the best dining options in Santorini. The view is stunning and you'll also get a chance to sample some of the best...
Cliffside Terrace at Village Center, Oia Santorini 847 02, Greece
Among a handful of caldera-side restaurants that foodies love, Ambrosia gets high marks for fresh, locally sourced Greek cuisine and the view—especially at sunset. Lamb is particularly good here and the intimate vibe is perfect for couples....
Thera 847 00, Greece
A local legend, Franco's is known for its Maria Callas Champagne cocktail, its stunning views of the caldera and for the fact that the only music you'll ever hear is classical (with an emphasis on opera and La Divina herself). This is not a cheap...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December