Taste of Quebec
Collected by John Newton , AFAR Contributor
1 Rue des Carrières, Québec, QC G1R 4P5, Canada
Set high above the St. Lawrence on Cap Diamant, overlooking Old Québec, this imposing yet inviting landmark is as much a lodging as it is a tourist attraction, borne out of its reputation as the most photographed hotel in the world. Opened...
95 Rue Saint-Paul, Québec, QC G1K 3V8, Canada
This busy restaurant sits on Rue Saint-Paul, a street in Lower Town that's lined with antique shops, hence the name. Buffet de L'Antiquaire is a classic diner—but with a Québecois twist—that has been a mainstay of the city's...
17 Rue du Sault-au-Matelot, Québec, QC G1K 3Y7, Canada
It's not surprising that many Québec City chefs have been trained in classic French cooking. But a number of them are taking those skills in unexpected directions, incorporating unusual ingredients and devising their own signature preparations....
84 Rue Dalhousie, Québec, QC G1K 8M5, Canada
This bright, airy bistro near the waterfront is very convenient to the cruise terminal. Café du Monde specializes in small plates and seafood dishes, but also offers steaks, pastas, salads and other options. On a summer day, its vast terrace is...
34 Rue Saint Louis, Québec, QC G1R 4P3, Canada
Aux Anciens Canadiens in Upper Town is a venerable favorite among Québec City's restaurants. It opened in 1966 though the building it's in is almost three centuries older than that, having been built in 1676. It's easy to...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May