Taste of Porto
Collected by Rita Alves, AFAR Local Expert
Rua Santa Catarina 112, 4000-442 Porto, Portugal
This elegant café, shimmering with chandeliers and mirrors, is a splendid example of Art Nouveau in the city. Since it opened in 1921, it has been a favorite perch of literary luminaries such as José Régio and Teixeira de Pascoaes, a Nobel Prize...
R. de Avis 10, 4000-196 Porto, Portugal
There are a few hints that this downtown restaurant near Clérigos Tower used to be a bookstore: the paperbacks and hardcovers hanging from the ceiling and a menu divided into chapters. Before dining on Mediterranean specialties, head to the bar...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter