Taste of Picton
Collected by Erin Levi
12-14 London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
If you’re fresh off the boat and thirsty, look for Le Café Picton, a relaxed restaurant and bar with beautiful harbor views. The café claims to have brought the first “real coffee machine” to town. The local and seasonally driven menu has...
1419 Queen Charlotte Dr, Linkwater 7281, New Zealand
Reachable only by water taxi, this five-star property’s secluded location on the pristine Queen Charlotte Sound provides a stunning backdrop for its two restaurants and waterfront café: The Foredeck (5 stars; no children allowed after 7 p.m.);...
1 Moran St, Redwoodtown, Blenheim 7201, New Zealand
Beloved by locals, this artisanal bakery in Blenheim is famous for its delicious Marlborough baguettes and Dutch specialty speculaas biscuits—which come sealed and packaged, making it the perfect travel snack. Baker Frederick Roubos, who hails...
230 Jacksons Rd, Blenheim 7240, New Zealand
Cloudy Bay, one of Marlborough’s top wineries, offers a seasonal tasting menu at its Cellar Door. In summer, light lunches of local cuisine (think fresh seafood and cheeses) are served at its outdoor wine lounge, Jack’s Raw Bar. Relax outside in a...
180 Brancott Road, Brancott Vineyard, RD 2, Blenheim 7272, New Zealand
Overlooking the original Brancott vineyard, which produced the first sauvignon blanc in Marlborough, is the beautiful and modern Brancott Estate Heritage Centre. In addition to winetastings, there's a delectable menu based on local and seasonal...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now