Taste of Papeete
Collected by edward readicker-henderson
PK 13,200, Puna'auia 98703, French Polynesia
Coco's shows the French influence in Polynesia both on the cuisine and the prices: The food's quite delicious and the check's a bit high. It's open for lunch and dinner, with the ocean right outside and a good wine list inside. This is the place...
Windward Islands, French Polynesia
Over on Moorea, the Restaurant Te Honu Iti offers you a chance to eat on a deck over the water while watching rays swim around. It's a bit more affordable than comparable Papeete restaurants, and has well-prepared food. But let’s face it, the...
BP 343, Papeete 98713, French Polynesia
Restaurant l’O à la Bouche has better-than-usual seafood—try the papio (small amberjack) cooked with fruit. The joint's not much on ambiance or views, but it's run by a chef who cares and who can offer a delicious taste of both...
54-66 Rue Paul Gauguin, Papeete, French Polynesia
The very hungry come to Le Grillardin, on Rue Paul Gauguin near downtown, for very well-prepared, huge portions of foie gras. Yep, in French Polynesia. Of course, there's also excellent seafood, and reasonable prices for Papeete.
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign