Taste of Palma
Collected by Paul Richardson , AFAR Contributor
Carrer de la Missió, 7, 07003 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Englishman Marc Fosh has recently won a Michelin star (one of seven in Mallorca) for his creative and market-led Mediterranean cuisine which intelligently combines exotic and familiar ingredients. The vaulted dining room, fashioned out of the...
Carrer de Sant Jaume, 6, 07012 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
You would never know it’s there, but that’s half the point of this speakeasy where the stone ceilings are as high as the music is low and glam décor comes courtesy of Spanish design doyen Lázaro Rosa-Violán. Top-end tapas are perfect with a...
Carrer de Can Sales, 2, 07012 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Cristina Díaz and Maria Moreno have given the Palma bodega—traditionally a wine cellar with rib-sticking local food—a new dimension with their creative tapas like crunchy bull’s tail and a "Ferrero Rocher" of morcilla (blood sausage) and crushed...
Carrer de Can Sanç, 10, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
This much-loved Palma establishment, hidden down an old-town backstreet, has been a mecca for sweet-toothed devotees of all ages for more than three centuries. Can Joan de S'aigo specializes in chocolate a la taza (thick drinking chocolate) and ...
Carrer de la Concepció, 12, 07012 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Andreu Genestra, who holds a Michelin star at his eponymous restaurant in Capdepera, recently opened this casual-dining offshoot on the patio of a 17th-century palacio in central Palma. The food bears the Genestra signature of Mediterranean...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know