Taste of Palamos
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
Passatge Riera Bell-Lloc, 17230 Palamós, Girona, Spain
Wine lovers can sample regional vintages at Finca Bell-Lloc, one of only three wineries in the Palamós area with the Empordà Designation of Origin. The estate offers tasting sessions and tours of its wine cellar, vineyards and olive groves...
1, Mas Teixidor, 17111, Girona, Spain
The Costa Brava boasts exceptional olive oils like those from small organic producer Can Solivera, which grows Empeltre and Arbequina olives in the mountains above the Ebro Valley. During the summer, visitors can come to Can Solivera for guided...
Plaça de Sant Pere, 1, 17230 Palamós, Girona, Spain
For one of the best meals in Palamós, try La Gamba, a restaurant that specializes in seasonal, regional flavors using locally sourced seafood, including Palamós’s famous prawns. Dishes like sautéed cuttlefish and grilled langoustine arrive with a...
Carrer Mauri i Vilar, 17230 Palamós, Girona, Spain
No visit to the Costa Brava is complete without sampling some tapas. These small-plate dishes—bite-size snacks that pair perfectly with drinks among friends—are a mainstay of Spanish bars. Taverna El Galeó has a friendly atmosphere and a selection...
Carrer Mossèn Miquel Costa, 5, 17230 Palamós, Girona, Spain
For more than a century, this bakery in the heart of Palamós and not far from the marina has been satisfying residents, and travelers, who have a sweet tooth. First opened in 1888, it continues to serve pastries created following family recipes...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now