Taste of Oslo
Collected by Lola (Akinmade) Åkerström, AFAR Local Expert
Vulkan 5, 0178 Oslo, Norway
The centerpiece of the city's emerging Vulkan neighborhood, Oslo's very first food hall is a culinary utopia. Let your nose guide you to one (or five!) of 27 eateries peddling everything from cupcakes to tapas to bento boxes. Can't decide? Stop at...
Youngstorget 2b, 0181 Oslo, Norway
For more than 75 years, Fiskeriet has been a local favorite. The market’s commitment to using wild-caught fish means that it has the freshest and most sustainably harvested seafood in Oslo. In addition to selling fish, Fiskeriet serves classic...
Thorvald Meyers gate 32, 0555 Oslo, Norway
An homage to Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl, who sailed the wooden raft Kon-Tiki across the Pacific Ocean in 1947, Aku-Aku Tiki Bar delivers kaleidoscopic kitsch in a relaxed, Polynesian-themed setting. Think Hawaiian shirts and flamboyant...
Kristian Augusts gate 14, 0164 Oslo, Norway
At Elias, a quaint little eatery located next to the National Gallery (another afar.com highlight), you’ll find exciting food at competitive prices. The people at Elias focus on fuss-free food: organic drinks, hand-brewed coffee, Norwegian beers,...
1, Bankplassen, 0151 Oslo, Norway
Engebret Café is still as popular as when it opened its doors 157 years ago. Back then, it was known as a second home to some of the nation’s most prolific artists, including Henrik Ibsen, Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson, Edvard Munch, Knut Hamsun, and...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter