Taste of Newport, Rhode Island
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
26 Marlborough St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
You have to love a place with the motto “Serving Hungry Newporters Since 1673.” The menu from the early days of this landmark tavern featured locally sourced produce and just-caught fish and seafood from the Narragansett Bay—not too different from...
150 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840, USA
A spirited addition to the food scene along Broadway, Malt is the creation of a transplanted Irish couple with a keen taste for craft beers, fun cocktails and great food. The adventurous seasonal menu and the bright and elegant room will make you...
64 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Known for wedding cakes, the Mad Hatter is a local favorite for everyday goodies, too. The cupcakes and chocolate-chip banana bread can make a decadent breakfast for those just off the ship. Tack on an iced coffee, served with coffee ice cubes,...
22 Bowens Wharf, Newport, RI 02840, USA
This harborside restaurant enjoys the best location in town, right in the middle of the action and right on the water. That could have been enough, but the menu—showcasing the freshest fish—is ambitious as well. Lobster panzanella, clam chowder...
140 Thames St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Down by the harbor, this pub, decorated with vintage neon signs, carousel animals and photographs of Red Sox royalty, is the easy choice for a friendly meal and a pint. If there's a sporting event to be watched, it's playing here. Offering a...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands