Taste of Newport, Rhode Island
Collected by Ann Shields , AFAR Staff
26 Marlborough St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
You have to love a place with the motto “Serving Hungry Newporters Since 1673.” The menu from the early days of this landmark tavern featured locally sourced produce and just-caught fish and seafood from the Narragansett Bay—not too different from...
150 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840, USA
A spirited addition to the food scene along Broadway, Malt is the creation of a transplanted Irish couple with a keen taste for craft beers, fun cocktails and great food. The adventurous seasonal menu and the bright and elegant room will make you...
64 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Known for wedding cakes, the Mad Hatter is a local favorite for everyday goodies, too. The cupcakes and chocolate-chip banana bread can make a decadent breakfast for those just off the ship. Tack on an iced coffee, served with coffee ice cubes,...
22 Bowens Wharf, Newport, RI 02840, USA
This harborside restaurant enjoys the best location in town, right in the middle of the action and right on the water. That could have been enough, but the menu—showcasing the freshest fish—is ambitious as well. Lobster panzanella, clam chowder...
140 Thames St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Down by the harbor, this pub, decorated with vintage neon signs, carousel animals and photographs of Red Sox royalty, is the easy choice for a friendly meal and a pint. If there's a sporting event to be watched, it's playing here. Offering a...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries