Taste of Newport, Rhode Island
Collected by Ann Shields , AFAR Staff
26 Marlborough St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
You have to love a place with the motto “Serving Hungry Newporters Since 1673.” The menu from the early days of this landmark tavern featured locally sourced produce and just-caught fish and seafood from the Narragansett Bay—not too different from...
150 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840, USA
A spirited addition to the food scene along Broadway, Malt is the creation of a transplanted Irish couple with a keen taste for craft beers, fun cocktails and great food. The adventurous seasonal menu and the bright and elegant room will make you...
64 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Known for wedding cakes, the Mad Hatter is a local favorite for everyday goodies, too. The cupcakes and chocolate-chip banana bread can make a decadent breakfast for those just off the ship. Tack on an iced coffee, served with coffee ice cubes,...
22 Bowens Wharf, Newport, RI 02840, USA
This harborside restaurant enjoys the best location in town, right in the middle of the action and right on the water. That could have been enough, but the menu—showcasing the freshest fish—is ambitious as well. Lobster panzanella, clam chowder...
140 Thames St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Down by the harbor, this pub, decorated with vintage neon signs, carousel animals and photographs of Red Sox royalty, is the easy choice for a friendly meal and a pint. If there's a sporting event to be watched, it's playing here. Offering a...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum