Taste of Marseilles
Collected by Lisa Cheng, AFAR Contributor
4 Rue du Lacydon, 13002 Marseille, France
This humble eatery is everything you would expect from a traditional French bistro: simply prepared food, menus scrawled on chalkboards and intimate table settings. At the outdoor tables, you can people-watch and soak up the sun while sipping a...
2 Quai du Port, 13002 Marseille, France
Marseille is fortunate to have several Michelin-starred restaurants, and chef Ludovic Turac is the youngest to helm one of these renowned establishments. Expect seasonal ingredients, refined presentations and impeccable execution in creative...
Vallon des Auffes, 13007 Marseille, France
In the view of bobbing boats, L’Épuisette serves fresh seafood plucked directly from the nets of fishermen docked off the Vallon des Auffes port right outside the restaurant. The chef carefully assembles the menu based on the freshest ingredients;...
110 Rue Paradis, 13006 Marseille, France
As the name suggests, this café-bar-restaurant is a hotspot that draws the crowds, both for its Mediterranean-inflected cuisine and its mid-century modern aesthetic with shelves of vintage books. The menu isn’t limited to south-of-France fare: The...
6 Rue des Catalans, 13007 Marseille, France
This is the spot for waterfront views and fresh Mediterranean seafood, and despite the fact that it's popular with tourists, it also has a reputation for serving some of the most authentic cuisine in Marseille. What to try? The top choice, hands...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles