Taste of Kristiansand
Collected by David Nikel , AFAR Local Expert
Gravane 20, 4610 Kristiansand, Norway
Sven Hennig-Olsen learned the trade of ice cream-making in Chicago and returned to Kristiansand to found the family business in 1924. Today Hennig-Olsen is one of the most popular brands in Norway and sold at kiosks all along the beach promenade.
Rådhusgata 15, 4611 Kristiansand, Norway
This is a popular locals hangout with a wide range of beer bottled and on tap, from the locally brewed Nøgne Ø to imports from around the world. Strike up a conversation with a local or play a game of darts, billiards or shuffleboard. Then dig...
Gravane 6, 4610 Kristiansand, Norway
This fish market, known as Fiskebrygga, is a convivial meeting place for locals. Pick up fresh shrimp or fishcakes from one of the vendors and eat them at the pier for views of the harbor, or grab a seat at one of the on-site restaurants for...
Markens gate 9, 4610 Kristiansand, Norway
Sushi is hugely popular in Norway, and the Food Asylum serves the best of its kind in Kristiansand. Enjoy generously portioned sharing plates and signature rolls such as "surf & turf & blue cheese" and "tempura gorgeous" in a cosmopolitan...
Tollbodgata 5, 4611 Kristiansand, Norway
With a deep bar menu and wait staff well-versed in food and drink, Bakgården is the perfect place for refreshment after a day of sightseeing. To stave off hunger, choose from popular favorites such as hamburgers made from locally sourced...
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 3 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 4 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 5 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You’ll Probably Have to Quarantine as List Hits Record High