Taste of juneau
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
432 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Ask anyone where the best king crab bisque is, and they’ll tell you to head to Tracy’s King Crab Shack for their classic combo plate. The menu isn’t too complicated—mostly it’s varieties of crab (crab bisque, king...
278 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
With roots dating to Juneau’s gold rush heyday, the Red Dog Saloon is a raucous spot popular with tourists and history buffs. The walls of the saloon are adorned with an elaborate collection of animal heads and memorabilia, including a pistol left...
5429 Shaune Dr, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
To get local craft beer right from the source in Juneau, visit the brewery of the Alaskan Brewing Co., which creates a number of quintessentially Alaskan beers, like the Winter Ale, made with Sitka spruce tips. The brewery's on-site guided...
356 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
A favorite snack spot among Juneau locals and visitors both is Alaskan Crepe Escape, located right on the cruise dock. The small café serves a variety of savory and sweet French-style crepes. Favorites include the Mendenhall Medley, with spinach,...
550 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
No taste of Alaska is more iconic than incomparably fresh seafood pulled from the rich offshore waters. At Juneau’s Twisted Fish Company, you can enjoy a menu packed with snow crab, salmon, halibut and other seafood sourced straight from the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter