Taste of juneau
Collected by Ann Shields , AFAR Staff
278 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
With roots dating to Juneau’s gold rush heyday, the Red Dog Saloon is a raucous spot popular with tourists and history buffs. The walls of the saloon are adorned with an elaborate collection of animal heads and memorabilia, including a pistol left...
5429 Shaune Dr, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
To get local craft beer right from the source in Juneau, visit the brewery of the Alaskan Brewing Co., which creates a number of quintessentially Alaskan beers, like the Winter Ale, made with Sitka spruce tips. The brewery's on-site guided...
356 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
A favorite snack spot among Juneau locals and visitors both is Alaskan Crepe Escape, located right on the cruise dock. The small café serves a variety of savory and sweet French-style crepes. Favorites include the Mendenhall Medley, with spinach,...
550 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
No taste of Alaska is more iconic than incomparably fresh seafood pulled from the rich offshore waters. At Juneau’s Twisted Fish Company, you can enjoy a menu packed with snow crab, salmon, halibut and other seafood sourced straight from the...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May