Taste of Iraklion
Collected by Andrew Bostock , AFAR Contributor
Dimokratias 263, Skalani 715 00, Greece
Located in Skalani just to the south of Iráklion, this restaurant has a name drawn from two primary ingredients in Cretan food: olive and mint. All ingredients are sourced locally and menus change with the seasons, plus there is an excellent wine...
Epimenidou 15, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
Located on a glass-walled terrace atop the Lato Hotel, this eatery commands breathtaking vistas over the sea, harbor and old town of Iráklion. The food supplies a modern twist on local Cretan ingredients and produce, including excellent seafood....
Leof. Sofokli Venizelou 3, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
This very popular spot near the harbor offers lots of small dishes and fresh seafood to sample (try the grilled octopus and sardines), all at exceptionally reasonable prices. Check out the views of the water and ferry traffic as well.
12 str, Theotokopoulou &, Erotokritou, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
Away from the main streets of Iráklion, this traditional café is a little bit difficult to find, but is well worth hunting out. It's known for friendly service, solid Greek dishes with no frills and prices that won’t break the bank—everything you...
Pl. Agiou Titou 1, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
Known as the Ice Factory, this café-bar serves top-notch food, but you'll really want to come here for the drinks—from well-made coffee in the morning to Cretan wines and cocktails in the evening—served in a sophisticated locale with great...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum