Taste of Invergordon (Inverness)
Collected by Ann Shields , AFAR Staff
1 Ness Walk, Inverness IV3 5NE, UK
Rocpool opened in Inverness in 2002 and immediately raised the bar for all the top restaurants across town. Just over the River Ness from the city center, the brasserie features a casually smart dining room with views of Inverness Castle, and an...
16 Fraser St, Inverness IV1 1DW, UK
A standard-bearer for casual elegance in Inverness for nearly 25 years, the Mustard Seed offers simple cooking in a friendly atmosphere. Housed in a converted church building, the restaurant features a double-height ceiling and magnificent...
14 Bridge St, Inverness IV1 1HD, UK
An award-winning pub in the heart of Inverness, Hootananny offers craft beers from nearby Black Isle Brewery (try the lager-style Blonde brew), but it’s best known for its live music. Here, acts are typically Celtic, Highland, or folksy in...
Union St, Fortrose IV10 8TD, UK
Located in the handsome village of Fortrose, the Anderson prides itself for a diverse menu, with a fine selection of craft beers and single-malt whisky. Local ingredients get an international twist, such as red coconut curry mussels or Greek-style...
A9, Tain IV19 1PZ, UK
Among the finest Highland whiskies, Glenmorangie's gentle hints of peat flavor and light hue make it one of the best-selling single-malts in the world. A Dutch-style barn (dubbed the Highland Cathedral) contains the stills and is a highlight of...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall