Taste of Invergordon (Inverness)
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
1 Ness Walk, Inverness IV3 5NE, UK
The original Rocpool (not to be confused with the Rocpool Reserve boutique hotel) just across the River Ness from central Inverness remains among the more modern restaurants in the Highlands. The ambitious menu features pricey but worth-it dishes...
16 Fraser St, Inverness IV1 1DW, UK
The cooking is modern and fresh at this airy Inverness restaurant, with dining tables set over two spacious open-plan levels, most with a view across the River Ness. The fixed-price lunch for about $15 is an excellent value with dishes such as...
Union Street, Fortrose, Fortrose by Inverness IV10 8TD, UK
Located in the handsome village of Fortrose, the Anderson prides itself for a diverse menu, with a fine selection of craft beers and single-malt whisky. Local ingredients get an international twist, such as red coconut curry mussels or Greek-style...
A9, Tain IV19 1PZ, UK
Among the finest Highland whiskies, Glenmorangie's gentle hints of peat flavor and light hue make it one of the best-selling single-malts in the world. A Dutch-style barn (dubbed the Highland Cathedral) contains the stills and is a highlight of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local