Taste of Horta
Collected by Nelson Carvalheiro, AFAR Local Expert
R. José Azevedo 9, 9900-027 Horta, Portugal
There's a saying that indicates just how much an institution Peter's Café Sport has become in the maritime world: “If you sail to Horta and you don’t visit Peter’s, you have not actually been to Horta.” Stop by for a late afternoon gin and tonic...
Praça Infante Dom Henrique, Horta, Ilha Do Faial, 9900-016 Horta, Portugal
This Art Deco spot, built in the early 20th century, has long been the preferred meeting place for travelers coming to Faial. If you're looking for a comfortable place for coffee and cake with views over the marina, this is it.
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter