Taste of Glasgow
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
17-19 Drury St, Glasgow G2 5AE, UK
It's exceptionally difficult to recommend just one bar in pub-rich Glasgow, but the Horseshoe wins for friendliness, atmosphere, location and history. This establishment is one of the last remaining "palace pubs" of the early 20th century. The...
11 Blythswood Square, Glasgow G2 4AD, UK
At last, Scotland has begun to boast—justifiably—about its abundance of high-quality, locally available foodstuffs. One of the very best is fresh fish from the frigid clear waters around the nation and its hundreds of coastal islands. This modern...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter