Taste of Funchal
Collected by Nelson Carvalheiro , AFAR Local Expert
Estrada Monumental 147, 9004-532 Funchal, Portugal
Il Gallo d'Oro, located at the Cliff Bay Hotel, is the only Michelin-starred restaurant in Madeira. Helmed by French chef (and transplant to Madeira) Benoît Sinthon, the restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine with Iberian influences, using...
Rua de Santa Maria 166, 9060-291 Funchal, Portugal
O Jango is a traditional Madeiran restaurant located on the iconic Santa Maria Street. It is popular with locals for its simple dishes and a casual and comfortable ambiance. Don't miss the mixed seafood grill with prawns, squid, roe, black...
Estrada Monumental 179, 9000 Funchal, Portugal
Offering a modern twist on regional Madeiran cuisine, Atlantic Restaurant sets itself apart from other oceanfront establishments by its elegant décor and personable service. Unpretentious dishes like espada (black scabbard fish) with bananas are...
Rua da Ponta da Cruz 66, 9000 Funchal, Portugal
Built atop a west-facing cliff, Doca Do Cavacas is the best waterfront restaurant in Funchal for views of Madeira’s spectacular sunsets. There is nothing fancy about this place—it serves simple, down-to-earth grilled fish and seafood. For some...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Summer California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements for U.S. Travelers